[bksvol-discuss] Re: List managers and screening for staff--and OT's

  • From: "Janice Carter" <Janice.C@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:19:49 -0700

What will John be doing (now that he has two days and 3 hours under his belt)?

First, this list belongs to the Bookshare.org Volunteers.  Kellie, and now
Gerald, do a great job of guiding the conversations to be more constructive.
They are a great help in guiding the new volunteers.  John is not a
replacement.  He's an addition.  As Jennifer Sutton drives changes needed to
get consistent book quality going forward, John will be able to communicate how
that impacts you.  More important, John will be able to communicate your issues
and challenges to Jennifer and the others working on Bookshare.org.

The addition of Jennifer and John will free up a lot of time for Gustavo to get
back to his original roles, one of which is Digital Rights Management of all
books published at Bookshare.org.

Who looks at what lists?

John will receive each and every message so your courtesy in using OT (off
topic) in your Subject Heading will help all of us be more efficient.
Jim, Gustavo receive Digests.
Janice will decide later.

Finally, for those of you who are unsatisfied for whatever reason, my direct
numbers are below.

Thanks again for everything.

Janice Carter
Director, Literacy Programs