[bksvol-discuss] Re: Light Tanning

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:48:16 -0600

Hi Jamie!

My scanner is a greyscale scanner.

OpenBook has the ability to darken or lighten the pages that are being scanned. That means that, if the print is on the lighter side, the setting can be set to darken the page, making the OCR more sensitive, I think. Usually the default of automatic works quite well.

Debby

At 11:24 AM 2/19/2010, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote
Try scanning it in greyscale if you haven't already. I've scanned books where the pages were positively yellow with good results in greyscale. I scan everything in greyscale now.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Point Blank by Catherine Coulter

Earn cash for answering trivia questions every 3 hours: <http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497>http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497

See everything I've read this year at: <http://www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html>www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>