[bksvol-discuss] Kudos from Collection Development

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:58:18 -0800

I enjoy compliments. I also know when to pass them along to who they really
belong to. This one belongs to all of you who have been working on lists.

On my way out the door the other night I heard how helpful it has been for
Collection development to have volunteers preparing clean lists for them to
order from. The collection analysis that you do as Series Captains or
researches on any of the lists being created for special collections has
immediate impact on how quickly Bookshare gets new books into the collection.
Thank you. If you want to work on more lists just let me know.

And, by the way, volunteers added 221 books between January 9 and February 9.

Scott