[bksvol-discuss] Re: KEsY editing question

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 00:31:55 -0500

Shelly,
I don't understand your question about how to determine if words were
repeatedly misinterpreted. You could do a find and then find next to keep
looking for the repeated occurrences of an error. Is that what you were
talking about? So you'd do a control  h, type the search string, set things
like case and whole word disabled or enabled and then press enter on find text.
Then do an f3 to find subsequent occurrences of the same
term. Or if you're more sure that you could do a global search and replace
without causing problems, you could search for the erroneoius term, type the
correct term into the appropriate box and then do a replace all.
But you do have to be careful that you're not causing other problems by
erroneously replacing something that didn't need replacing, or didn't need
replacing with your chosen replacement string.
As for the spelling of words, when in K1000 you can press control l to have the
current word spelled. And as for the words that are split across lines, I don't
know of any way to edit them other than manual. Press end
to go to the end of the line, get rid of the part of the word that is there and
put it at the start of the next line, making the word whole again. Or type the
end on to the portion at the end of the first line, and then delete
the stuff at the start of the second line. It is kind of tedious, but I don't
think there is a faster way. If there is, I would like to know it as well.
Mary