[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted A Desert of Pure Feeling

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:24:46 -0500

Hi, all.

I've just submitted A Desert of Pure Feeling by Judith Freeman to the checkout
list. Below, you'll find the long synopsis, and comments for the proofreader.

Long Synopsis:
Here is a richly dramatic novel about a woman struggling to make peace with
herself as a mother, a lover, an artist, and a friend. Lucy Patterson has just
encountered her past in the person of a man whom she has not seen for
twenty-five years. Dr. Carlos Cabrera saved the life of her infant son, and it
was her love for him that compelled her to end her marriage -- the first moment
in an arc of emotional turbulence and upheaval that has since defined her
existence. Her past having caught up with her, Lucy has come to an isolated
motel in the desert outside Las Vegas to write out her life, reexamine it, and,
she hopes, find its calm center. It's a journey she is determined to make
alone, but in the next room is a young woman -- a single mother, stripper, and
prostitute panicked about her own life -- whom Lucy finds she cannot, and
finally does not want to, ignore. A fiercely odd pair, they nonetheless become
indispensable to each other in navigating the emotional terrain of their past
and in finding, separately and together, clear paths into the future. A Desert
of Pure Feeling is the finest work we have yet seen from a writer whose gifts,
at once lyrical and tough-minded, become vividly apparent in this penetrating
and compelling story.

Comments:
Rank spelling is 99.85 percent. There were many garbled headers that would not
strip, which accounts for the lowered rating. Page numbers and chapter headings
are in tact. Page breaks have been protected. Beyond the stripping of garbled
headers, this should require very little work. If the proofreader would remove
the adult content designation, I would be grateful. If you have questions,
contact solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Happy proofing.

Solstice Singer
Are you a fan of Women's music? If so, join me each Wednesday evening from 7
until 10 eastern  for The Eclectic Collection: a Celebration of Women In Music.
http://mojoradio.us:9090