[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted a BSO: "Celine Dion: My Story, My Dream"

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 15:11:27 -0500

Hi everyone!

Here is a book for whoever would like to proofread it.

Book Information
ISBN:
0-06-019797-8
Title:
BSO Celine Dion: My Story, My Dream
Author(s):
Celine Dion, Georges-Hebert Germain,  Bruce Benderson (Translator)
Publisher:
HarperCollins Publishers
Copyright Date:
2000
Copyrighted By:
HarperCollins Publishers Inc.
Brief Synopsis:
Now, in her own words, the most dynamic vocal talent of our time-the international singing sensation whose recordings have sold millions, and whose performances electrify the world's great arenas-gives us her poignant, intimate, and inspiring life story
... from the heart.
Long Synopsis:
Now, in her own words, the most dynamic vocal talent of our time-the international singing sensation whose recordings have sold millions, and whose performances electrify the world's great arenas-gives us her poignant, intimate, and inspiring life story . . . from the heart. She was born into a working-class Canadian family, the youngest of fourteen children. She gave her first performance standing on a kitchen table and dreamed of becoming a superstar. Few in her field can rival the phenomenal God-given abilities of Celine Dion. Fewer still have experienced the love, sorrow, accomplishment, and ecstasy that have shaped her remarkable life and carried her to the pinnacle of the entertainment world. "In Celine Dion: My Story, My Dream Celine takes us backstage, on the road, into the recording studio, and behind the scenes to reveal the hard work that creates the magic. But her book, much more than a chronicle of early breakthroughs and professional high-water marks, of unforgettable encounters with the luminaries and legends of show business is, first and foremost, a story of love. This talented and beautiful woman who has moved us with her singing now moves us with her words as she tells of growing up in a large, close-knit household fortified in its daily struggles by powerful bonds of heartfelt affection and the family tragedies their shared love enabled them to overcome. Here, also, Celine recounts warmly and intimately the storybook romance that remains her most enduring passion and greatest joy: Celine's
marriage to René Angélil, her manager and soul mate.
She tells of the devastating pain they both experienced when a doctor informed them that René had cancer, and how fighting the disease together helped strengthen their relationship. And she shares her joy, anxiety, and breathless anticipation of the
impending fulfillment of their most cherished dream: parenthood.
A true story of courage, perseverance, dedication, and devotion?told with the wide-eyed honesty of someone who, though she has basked in the glowing adoration of millions of fans, has never lost touch with her working-class roots?Celine Dion: My Story, My Dream is for anyone who has ever wondered about the real person behind the magnificent voice. Touching and funny, fascinating and uplifting, it is an exquisitely detailed portrait of a remarkable woman who has never backed away from a challenge ... even
the most daunting challenges of the heart.
CELINE DION is one of the world's most popular and well-known singers today. When she sang at the opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games in Atlanta, her voice reached 3.5 billion people worldwide. Her albums are instant bestsellers upon release. She has sold more than 60 million copies of her English-language recordings, millions more of her French recordings, and 18 million copies of "My Heart Will Go On," the theme from Titanic. Celine is admired and loved by fans around the world, and her concerts fill stadiums, whatever the size. With 115 separate music awards to her
name, she is a living legend.
Comments:
The book has been read through. All page numbers are there and all headers stripped. I need you to do the sizing and bolding, which makes this an easy proof. There are
a few typos. Here is the list:
9
But it gave us the confidence that, whatever happenes, our dearest dream was possible.
223
I wanted to be the "big time."
I wanted my marriage to be a declaration of love and a vow of fidelity that the whole
world coula witness.
257
I hope we will always know each another.
262
I had come to see the construction site form time to time.
Thank you.
Adult content:
No
Language:
English US,
French
Book Quality:
EXCELLENT
Categories:
Nonfiction,
Biographies and Memoirs

I forgot to say in my comments that the French accents are all correct.

Debby

--
                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

?Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.