[bksvol-discuss] Jiffy Proofer Alert

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 00:01:05 -0400

The original jiffy proofers often took less than five minutes to check in a book after checking it out. This one took a bit longer, but it looks like a pretty rushed job to me. One of my submissions, The Road to Underfall, was checked out today at 6:05 PM pacific time and checked in at 6:22 PM Pacific time. It was a lot slower than Nicholas Wilcox and Julie Barett used to be, but I still don't think that is nearly enough time to proofread a book. This one is named Zachary Fifer. Madeleine, you might want to take a look at how long he takes on any other proofing jobs he might have done. This kind of makes the whole point of proofreading useless.