[bksvol-discuss] Re: Introduction and lots of questions.

  • From: Courtney Stover <liamskitten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:37:22 -0500

John,
Unfortunately, I'm a Kurzweil user, not an Open Book one, so I can't
answer your specific scanning questions.  I was writing to say that
I'm thrilled to see someone else interested in folklore joining the
lists.
I don't know if you're familiar with the work of Jack Zipes; he deals
a lot with the reinterpretation of folklore and mythology to suit
particular time periods, especially the architypes that are being
subverted in the retellings of modern faerietales.  If you possess any
of his work, it would be a wonderful addition to the collection, and
if you don't, you might want to check it out *smile*
I'll stop now, because this is skirting dangerously near to off topic
territory, but I wanted to welcome you to the community.
Courtney