[bksvol-discuss] Re: Inferno by Niven

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garypet130@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 01:56:56 -0500

From the description, I'd think a repair is all that's needed. Touch-ups are easier on everyone since the rescanner doesn't have to do a whole job and the original scanner doesn't feel slighted. But we've all had books that we sent out which aren't up to our present standards.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2013 7:28 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Inferno by Niven

When I find a book like that, if I want to repair it, I simply ask Madeleine to place the collection copy on the checkout queue with a hold for me and I repair from the collection copy instead of having someone rescan the book. That way the quality can be improved without an additional layer of work. It’s always a judgment call, but being the deranged perfectionist I am, if it is a book I am interested in, I always repair it.

Hope that helps!

Valerie

On Nov 9, 2013, at 6:10 AM, Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

Far as I can tell, Inferno by Niven, at least in the first few pages is OK, I noticed one scano and a couple of headers were still in the book. I wouldn't call it a pristeen copy, but it's acceptable, sor of. I wouldn't have passed it, had I proofed it.

Ann P.