[bksvol-discuss] Re: Humungus hurray!!!

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:39:41 -0800

Hi Valerie,

My guess is that they won't look like em dashes.  My screen reader shows two
hyphens, not the other thing that I see when there is an em dash.

Sorry!  But our braille readers will never have to see a hyphen again where
there should have been an em dash!  That made for truly annoying reading, at
least  it was annoying to me.  And I couldn't stand the idea that children
might think that an em dash and a hyphen are the same thing.  Talk about
opposites!

So happy!  But sorry you can't have your em dashes. How about pretending
you're reading typing from an old type writer?  Those didn't have em dashes
either!  Just trying to help, offer some consolation.

Mayrie

  _____