[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help! Is there a way to automatically remove tab stops ...

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:36:23 -0400

The tool will remove tabs but not put in spaces. So unless a submitter or validator removes the tabs the book ends up with words run together.

E.

At 02:08 PM 6/19/2009, you wrote:
I think the Bookshare tools will automatically remove the tabs for you.

"I find capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it causes war, hypocrisy and competition." Fidel Castro

The Militant: <http://wwww.themilitant.com>http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press: <http://www.pathfinderpress.com>http://www.pathfinderpress.com Granma International: <http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html>http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html
             _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Help! Is there a way to automatically remove tab stops in Word?
Date:
6/19/2009 1:02:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I am proofing a book that has tabs throughout that need to be replaced by spaces. Can I, and if so, how do I do it automatically in Word? I know there's probably someone who can give me the answer. It never ceases to amaze me what I have learned from this list!

Thank you in advance.

Kathy