[bksvol-discuss] Happy Holidays from your Volunteer Program Team!

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 00:38:59 +0000

Hello everyone,

Brenda and I wanted to wish you all happy holidays and send a little note to
express our appreciation for your hard work.  We feel so lucky to work with
such dedicated, motivated, and wonderful volunteers! It is so inspiring to work
with volunteers who put this kind of effort into their work, and I wouldn't be
anywhere else.

Brenda has taken some time off to spend with her family, and I will be taking
the next three days off. Brenda will be keeping an eye on the discussion list
over the 24th, 25th, and 26th, but she'll avoid responding unless it is
absolutely critical. I will be back the 27th to answer any emails and solve any
problems that arise in the next few days.

We hope everyone has a relaxing winter and enjoys any holiday celebrations they
have coming up. I for one am very excited to be cooking both Christmas Eve and
Christmas Day! It will be a very busy few days in the kitchen, but busy in the
best possible way (tomorrow is cassoulet, roasted veggies, and spiced nuts, and
Christmas Day is short ribs, Swiss chard, pearl onions, and caramel apple pie!).

At Benetech, we are constantly evaluating our efforts to make sure we are doing
"the right stuff right." As we seek to improve our processes, we are looking
forward to expanding opportunities for dialogue with you, our team of seasoned
Bookshare Scanners and Proofers, as well as the hundreds of volunteers whose
efforts support our mission. We are excited to see continued growth and
development in our volunteer program and look forward to partnering with you
all along the way.

Thank you for all you do to improve accessibility for thousands of people with
print disabilities. Stay safe, stay warm, and enjoy the end of 2013!

Very best wishes,

Madeleine and Brenda

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator