[bksvol-discuss] Hachette Book Group news

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:43:19 -0500

Welcome!
It's that time of year again - Valentine's Day! Love it or hate it, it's
hard to avoid. We've got a great range of titles celebrating the different
aspects of romance in our newsletter this month, plus don't miss the
ghostgirl Valentine's ecard or the chance to win a selection of Valentine's
titles in our Valentine's sweeps!
It's been a great start to the year for our YA novels. Both Beautiful
Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl and Ash by Malinda Lo were
finalists in the Morris Award for Debut YA fiction, and Once Was Lost by
Sara Zarr and Hate List by Jennifer Brown were two of ALA's Best Books for
Young Adults. Congratulations to all our authors!
READING ROOM
The River
by Mary Jane Beaufrand
The River is a darkly atmospheric story of murder, isolation, obsession and
dark secrets that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last
page.
GREAT TITLES
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
Now in paperback! Written in lively, artful prose, award-winning author
Justina Chen Headley has woven together a powerful novel about a fractured
family, falling in love, travel, and the meaning of true beauty.
Secrets of My Hollywood Life: Paparazzi Princess by Jen Calonita
Now in paperback! Shopping sprees and the Tinseltown nightlife seems fun at
first, but soon Kaitlin realizes that being a paparazzi princess just might
be her downfall.
Kaitlin's next adventure, Broadway Lights, is out next month - make sure
you've caught up!
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Some Loves Are Meant to Be...Others Are Cursed.
Discover this haunting debut novel (now a bestseller!), perfect for
Valentine's Day. Kami and Margaret are on tour in February! Find an event
near you here.
Gossip Girl: I Will Always Love You by Cecily von Ziegesar
A lot can change in a few months . . . but some things never do. We've
changed. Or at least, some of us have. But old habits are hard to
break-especially when faced with your former besties and former flames.
Celebrate Valentine's Day with Serena, Chuck, Nate, Dan and Vanessa!
CONTESTS
Enter our sweeps for the chance to win a bundle of romance-themed titles
this Valentine's Day at our Contests page.
http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/teens_fun_contests.aspx

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Point Blank by Catherine Coulter