[bksvol-discuss] Fwd: Looking for a children's book with little info

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 21:27:33 -0500

Judy and list;

Aunt Book is amazing!!!  In just a few hours she had found my book and I have a
copy on order.  I am hoping maybe Jamie will scan it ("Peter" by Anne Holm) and
I can savor proofreading it.

A portion of its description from below is:

> Book description: New York: Harcourt, Brace and World, Inc., 1968  By the
> author of North to Freedom, which won the 1963 Gyldendale Prize for the best
> Scandinavian children's book. Historical fiction. This is a highly
> imaginative fantasy/adventure. Young Peter finds himself in ancient Greece,
> where he and new friend Cimon uncover the plans of an advancing army in time
> to save the town. Then its on to post- Conquest England and the squabbles of
> Rosamund the Norman and Torquil the Saxon. Before returning home to Demark,
> Peter makes a stop in the England of Oliver Cromwell. Translated from the
> Danish by L.W. Kingsland.

I cannot wait to reread this childhood favorite and add it to the collection.

Judy, you and Aunt Book rock!

Valerie

Begin forwarded message: