[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: new scanner and OCR alert

  • From: James Nuttall <jnuttallphd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:12:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Sarah:

To answer your question about the size of the OpticBook scanner, I've looked at
the web page and the accompanying video.  This scanner is pretty much the same
dimensions as a typical flatbed scanner.  Specifications are as follows:
Scanning area 8.5" x 11.69",
USB 2.0
Technology   Color CCD image sensor
Hardware Resolution   1200 dpi
Interpolated Resolution   24000 dpi

Jim Nuttall -- Michigan

Sarah Van Oosterwijck <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you for forwarding this. It sounds interesting. I am just wondering
what the size of the scanner is, and why this company decided that book
scanning was popular enough to make a scanner especially for the purpose. I
went to the address provided, and although I will look some more, I am
totally unimpressed by their initial webpage. It is a mass of poorly labeled
images. I haven't yet spent the time to determine whether it is navicable or
not. I don't suppose someone else knows about this scanner and could tell
me the size of it's scanning surface and save me the trouble? :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity