[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: book request

  • From: Kelly Pierce <kkellyp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 12:02:45 -0600

Ann,

Not true. There is another option besides the Kindle reading system.
The author and/or publisher could partner with Bookshare.  Perhaps
they should be asked, as mentioned earlier.

While Kindle can provide some benefit to those wishing to access
written text, it cannot be considered full accessibility like a
Bookshare book.  The United States government through the Department
of Education and the Justice Department examined Amazon’s Kindle
system and determined the access was not comparable to that available
for non-disabled users, taking legal action against universities that
deployed it in their classes.

Kelly