[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: Help Needed OCR To Voice Reader Recommendations

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:16:34 -0500

If she could find a Used Reading Edge it would work for her, I saw a few for
$250.  Also if she wants a "self voicing one.  Try Scan and Read from
www.readingmadeeasy.com perhaps.

But of course I would like to use Kurzweil.

Also has he checked out the Scanar by Pulsedata, or the Sara from Freedom
scientific.  I would go with the sScannar out of the two units, kind of
dubious about the Sara and its price tag.

But some ideas.  There are indeed some companies in his location.  he would
be vest to contact the Foundation for the Janeiro Blind or another Center
for the Blind for a recommendation.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council