[bksvol-discuss] Re: Formatting discs in a d-drive

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:32:57 -0400

Hi all,

Hmmm, do you mean a floppy, a CD, what? Hate to say this, but although DOS is fine, really it is, you really should consider Windows or Gnome. Even Console Linux will not give you as much flexibility as will Gnome and Ubuntu.

Yes, yes, I know it's a difficult transition, it's Hell on wheels, especially if you don't get help with the concepts of dialogs and the controls for them. However, once you grasp those, a GUI interface isn't the big, bad, awful, buggaboo you think it is.

Setting all this aside, if you can clarify what you mean by "disk", then I can probably help.

Ann P.