[bksvol-discuss] For Dana: Scanners

  • From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bksvol" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:45:20 -0500

Hi, Dana,

    I'm not Dan, but the scanner you choose depends on the OCR software you are
using, and how much money you want to spend. I don't think the scanner I have
is even being made anymore, but it's still working. Smile. If you are using
K1000 or OpenBook, the website for the software should offer a list of scanners
that work well with that program.

    Btw, are you the Dana who went to the Texas School for the Blind? If so,
would you please e-mail me off list?

Paula