[bksvol-discuss] Fiction submission

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:00:53 -0400

Hi all,

I've just submitted for proofing "The Holy" by Daniel Quinn.

It's been read through and errors corrected. All headers stripped; page
numbers and chapter titles present and protected; text formatted. 413 pages.

Would the proofer please remove the adult rating?

They knew us before we began to walk upright.  Shamans called them
guardians, mythmakers called them tricksters, pagans called them gods,
churchmen called them demons, folklorists called them shape-shifters.
They've obligingly taken any role we've assigned them, and, while needing
nothing from us, have accepted whatever we thought was their due - love,
hate, fear, worship, condemnation, neglect, oblivion.  Even in modern times,
when their existence is doubted or denied, they continue to extend
invitations to those who would travel a different road, a road not found on
any of our cultural maps.  But now, perceiving us as a threat to life
itself, they issue their invitations with a dark purpose of their own.  In
this dazzling metaphysical thriller, four who put themselves in the hands of
these all-but-forgotten Others venture across a sinister American landscape
hidden from normal view, finding their way to interlocking destinies of
death, terror, transcendental rapture, and shattering enlightenment.

Deborah