[bksvol-discuss] Douplicate text within a novel and can I delete or do I leave it alone to protect the "Shortly after seven, I set off toward the woods with Marc on my right, Jace on my left, a canteen of water clipped to my belt and a ham sandwich in each hand. Moontext?

  • From: "Kristin Mills" <kristinm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:37:38 -0600

Hey everyone!

I'm currently working on Pride. However I've come across some duplicate text of
the story and I wasn't sure if it would be okay to delete it. Since we are
suppose to keep the text close to the original, I just wanted to see if you
guys normally delete or keep regardless of the duplication? I'm copying the
duplicate text below this message and any help here would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks everyone and I hope you are having a spectacular day!

Kristin

and I wanted to make sure this was okay for me to do with the prior knowledge
of "Shortly after seven, I set off toward the woods with Marc on my right, Jace
on my left, a canteen of water clipped to my belt and a ham sandwich in each
hand. Moonlight lit the yard around us, with no sign yet of the clouds in the
forecast. My smile was so big it had taken over my face. I hadn't felt so good
in weeks, even with the tribunal withholding the verdict on my murder charge.
Uncle Rick had explained the delay. He'd refused to cast"

Start of douplicate text.

"Shortly after seven, I set off toward the woods with Marc on my right, Jace on
my left, a canteen of water clipped to my belt and a ham sandwich in each hand.
Moonlight lit the yard around us, with no sign yet of the clouds in the
forecast. My smile was so big it had taken over my face. I hadn't felt so good
in weeks, even with the tribunal withholding the verdict on my murder charge.
Uncle Rick had explained the delay. He'd refused to cast"

End of douplicate text

his vote because Paul Blackwell still thought I was guilty, and two votes were
enough to convict me.