[bksvol-discuss] Re: Distinguishing between next page section breaks, and next section section breaks

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:09:48 -0500

Hi, Munawar. I have run into the same problem with books that were scanned with FineReader 8. Is that what you're using to scan? Carrie Karnos had that problem with her scans, and she found a way to fix her scans by recognizing them with a different setting. It was a setting in the area of recognition where you could recognize with column and section breaks... Or something like that. She checked a checkbox and then was able to re-process her pages to come out normal. She didn't have to scan the pages again. She just re-recognized them. I don't have the program and don't remember what the checkbox was called. Carrie probably remembers though. You can reach her at ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx

Monica Willyard

At 12:12 PM 1/18/2007, you wrote:
Hi List,
I am attempting to replace all section breaks with next page breaks in a
book I have scanned.