[bksvol-discuss] Re: Copyright Owners Fight Plan to Release E-Books for the Blind

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:29:40 -0600

Hi Cindy!

I'd like to join Monica to also thank you for writing letters.

Debby

At 10:42 AM 12/15/2009, Monica Willyard wrote
Thanks Cindy. It is such a help to have people like you support us by
writing letters. This issue means so much to me. I have a close friend who
lives in the Philippines. She is so limited in what she can read because the
books just aren't available. She's a programmer, wants to work full-time,
and loves to read mysteries and romances. She's only able to get programming
books that are around 10 years old, for technology that we don't even use
anymore. She gets the public domain books from Bookshare and wants to be
able to read what we can.

I feel so humbled. It is because I was born to parents in the right country
that I can read freely. She was born to parents somewhere else and has few
legal options. To me, that's just not right.

Monica Willyard