[bksvol-discuss] Re: Congratulations To One Of Our Own Bookshare Faithful

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 07:40:22 -0500

Hi all,

Thanks Cindy, and all of you.  It was fun to write it.

It actually wasn't that difficult, at least initially. I wrote it using the BrailleNote Apex. It has a keyboard just like a Braille-Writer. I wrote it and corrected it, then, came the fun part. I had to submit the thing in Braille, both hard copy and I also sent them the Braille file, plus, they wanted it in print too. So I was changing file types like a magician trying to get them everything they wanted.

I believe the essays of all the winners are supposed to be published in a book. I haven't seen hide nor hair of any book yet, but I got a plaque and some very nice hand towels plus a nice check. When I find out more about the publication, I'll let you all know.

Ann P.