[bksvol-discuss] Conference Season - NFB and ACB User Group Meetings 2006

  • From: "Janice Carter" <Janice.C@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:44:39 -0700

As many of you are packing for the summer conferences, please make a
note to join us for what is now an annual event - the Bookshare.org User
Group meetings.  With your help, we've built a great reputation and an
enormous repository of books.    The goals of these upcoming User Group
Meetings are to have the Bookshare.org people meet you (and you meet
them), hear what's working for you & what's not, let you know where we
are with new standards like NIMAS, tell you about our plans for the
international version of Bookshare.org, and bring you up-to-date on the
latest accessibility efforts by the technology and publishing
communities.

The first meeting will be at NFB in Dallas on Monday, July 3rd from
7:00pm to 9:30pm.   In addition, we will be in the Exhibit Area at Booth
#15 all week and hope you can stop by and say hi.

The second meeting will be at ACB in Jacksonville the second week in
July (location and time in next blast to this list).

Travel safely.  See you soon.

Janice Carter
Director, Literacy Programs

Benetech