[bksvol-discuss] Re: Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul: The Real Deal Challenges

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:37:39 -0700 (PDT)

That looks like a really good book--one that I might
want to give to my children if they were still
pre-teens. smile

Somebody, I think it might have been Monica, mentioned
that she enjoyed reading books--I think they were the
Behind the Door series--with her daughter in part
because they had good discussions together. I was gald
the Judy Blume books were there for my daughters rto
read, especially Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret;
Blubber; Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing; Deenie; And,
for older teenage girls, Forever.

Cindy

--- Anastasia Saridakis <anamatia81@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Shelly and all
> Libraries generally don't have books from that
> series for some reason. as popular as they are go
> figure.
> Would anyone be interested in me putting it up
> there. I could buy it scan it and donate it to my
> work. They serve teens also. Here is a synopsis of
> the book:
>
> School: It's frustrating, it's boring, it's
> embarrassing. But it's also thought provoking,
> challenging and full of possible friends. And until
> you turn 18, like it or not, it's just about your
> whole life.
>  So what's the deal?
>  Chicken Soup for the Soul knows that school is more
> than classes and tests. It's also a social scene,
> filled with cliques, clubs and life-changing
> decisions (or so it seems this week). It's where you
> meet your best friends�and run into your worst
> enemies. And it�s an opportunity to figure out
what
> you want to do�whether it's kick a soccer ball,
play
> the trombone or act in a play.
>   Sometimes it's overwhelming and confusing, but
> don't worry, it's like that for everyone. That's
> what the stories in this book are all about.
They�re