[bksvol-discuss] Checking ISBN [was: Four books just submitted]

  • From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bkvol" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:41:24 -0500

Jake,

    I tried using the conversion website to check an ISBN, to make sure it
was valid, before I filled out the Bookshare submission form. I kept getting
a Conversion Failed message (actually, the site left out the n in
Conversion). I decided to try anyway, and to my surprise, Bookshare accepted
the ISBN. It's a 10-number ISBN, ending with X. I'm not sure why the other
site wouldn't accept it, and I'm afraid I didn't understand the Wikipedia
explanation for calculating valid ISBN's. Then again, I'm not much at math,
beyond balancing a checkbook. G!

    Anyway, thanks for posting these links.

Paula