[bksvol-discuss] Calling Denise W?

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 11:06:52 -0700

Hi Denise,

I have just submitted "Mary Anne + 2 Many Babies" (Baby-sitters Club #52) by
Ann M. Martin to the check out page with a hold on it for you.  If for any
reason you are unable or uninterested in proofreading this book still, and
inserting the handwritten text, please let me know and I'll remove the hold
on the book for you.

Here is what I put in the comments section of the submission form:

Comments: Hold for Denise W. Thanks for helping with the handwritten pages
in this book! I inserted chapter headings, but will you please verify that I
put them in the proper places, and change them to be correct if I didn't?
Here is a list of proofreading tasks. The ones with * before them I have
already done. Those unmarked need still to be done. Thanks again and please
write me at mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx if I can help with anything about this
book!

Check List For Proofreading

*Replace section breaks with page breaks
*Replace em dashes with two hyphens (not required but helpful for the
proofreader using a screen reader)
*Replace Smart Quotes  with standard quotes

*Standardize font to Times New Roman 12 with chapter headings bolded at 16,
the title on the title page at 20, The title of the table of contents at 18,
parts at 18, chapters at 16, and section headings at 14.
I used Ariel instead of Times New Roman.
*Standardize margins all left with first line of paragraphs indented at .2
inches.
*Always include a title page containing, title, author, and publisher.
*Always include a copyright page including copyright date and copyright
holder.
*Make sure that all pages are present in the book.
*Label the following as follows: [From The Back Cover] [From The Front Flap]
[From The Back Flap] [This Page Is Blank.]
*Number all preliminary pages with roman numerals in lower case.
Make sure that all pages have page numbers.
*Remove spaces around two hyphens and within ellipses so that the braille
representation of these things complies with literary braille code.
Remove end-of-page hyphens, uniting broken words on one page
Make sure that all hyphenated words do not contain a space after the hyphen,
a very common OCR occurrence.
*Locate, number, and label all blank pages like this: "[This Page Is
Blank.]"
*Locate, and protect chapter headings (Protect means insert a blank line
above and below the chapter heading, with a page number above the chapter
heading). Making sure that only one page number is present on each page.
*Remove headers
*Surround  page breaks,  page numbers, and chapter headings with blank
lines. (There should be no place with more than one blank line).
Remove extra paragraph marks inserted by OCR
Insert paragraph marks between lines of dialogue that have been removed by
OCR
Move misplaced or disorganized text so that the reading flow is not
disturbed. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to text in boxes,
sidebars, or other illustrative material.
Insert three asterisks to denote white space in the book removed by OCR, or
if they are present so that Bookshare's conversion tools will preserve that
white space
Search for and remove the following Junk characters: | ^, <, } and # >, ~,
or |
There is one set of scannos that appear when the brightness setting is off.
If you see these scannos in profusion, please consider requesting a  rescan
of the book for you:
ighdy for ightly, itde for ittle, etde for ettle, iy for ly, cdy for ctly,
endy for ently, etc.
Check all instances of \ and / to make sure they are not ! or an italicized
Check all instances of " 1 " and "1 " to make sure they are not I's
Check for "1-" since this is usually "I-", an interstate highway
Run spell check and fix errors that it finds
Read the book fixing errors invisible to the spell checker such as: die for
the, 1 for I, fit for lit or its reverse, nor for not or its reverse, rm for
m or its reverse, bad for had, etc.
*Replace tabs with spaces (Only do this if your book does not contain
tables).
Prepare a short and long synopsis to use when uploading if necessary.
Upload

Thanks for your help with this book!!!!!

Mayrie