[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare.org Newsletter Spring 2006

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 23:28:10 -0700 (PDT)

It's an interesting newsletter, Gustavo. It was
interesting to know how large the collection is and
what's available for people with disabilities, like
the IRS stuff -- btw, I just noticed when I finally
mailed my taxes that this year we have until April
17--I guess because the 15th is a Saturday. Everything
you wrote about was interesting to me.

I was surprised to learn that the annual fee was $75.
I thought it was $50--shows how observant, or, rather,
unobservant, I am. I've run into a couple of people
who qualify and told them about bookshare. I think one
woman joined for her daughter--or her daughter did.
Question, gentle leader--did the rate for submitting
books and for validating books go up commensurately
with the price? Or did I have the wrong idea about the
price all along.

Also, and I hate to ask this because if you answer it
might take time away from your other duties, but--I
didn't realize you were manager of the website. When
you have time, could you tell us what that involves?
That might help us to have a better understanding.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com