[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare and Web Braille

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 01:52:43 -0500

I have access not only to a larger number of books but to books which individuals find important or interesting. Many of these would never get produced by other providers. The grassroots nature of bookshare means we implicitly operate against censorship and provide a wide range of perspectives in the books we choose to add to the collection and to validate.

Our being grassroots also gives the collection a kind of quirkiness and edginess I like. We can express and share our individual interests and eccentricities. What fun!

E.  and Burton the puppy