[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books requested

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:41:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Anastasia.

According to Amazon, there's a paperback edition that
has 160 pages. According to two libraries, the
hardbound edition has 137 pages.

Be aware (Amazon wasn't specific in its readers'
reviews) that the subject headings in the library
copies include Death--fiction; emotions--fiction;
incest-fiction; and anorexia nervosa--fiction. I guess
the incest is why the girl is so messed up. sigh.

I wouldn't ask anyone to buy a book, since I won't
myself, unless I find it cheaply in used-book stores.
The books I get are from the libraries only. You all
do so much for bookshare and have to pay membership
fees, too, unless you earn them, that buying books
seems too much to ask, at least for me to ask. They
would be deductible as a charitable contribution if
one itemizes, but still. Someone must be able to get
it from a library somewhere, smile.