[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books kicked back for self-validation.

  • From: "Sharon" <mt281820@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 05:46:32 -0400

Why are books kicked back because of self-validation? I thought we could
self-validate as long as we were careful about what was submitted and
validated? I've self-validated in the past to keep books from sitting in the
pool for a long time. Is there something I've been missing? I've been off
the list until recently, and am now using a new email address, and can
finally send in messages to the list without a problem.
Sharon
  Date: 09-08-06

  Category:  Romance (Silhouette Books)

  Pages:  253

  Title:  Operation Homefront

  Author:  Marilyn Pappano

  Copyright:  1982 by Marilyn Pappano

  Short Synopsis: A Silhouette Intimate Moments romance.

  ISBN:  0-373-07424-7

  Long Synopsis:  FROM THE BACK COVER: Mission Impossible? At last Libby
Harper had made a home for herself and her seven-year-=old son, Justin.
After years of moving around, they were finally going to stay in one place,
except Justin didn't seem to be adjusting to his new life too well.  He was
having trouble at school and alienating all his friends.  Except one.  But
this newest buddy was no boy, he was a man!  A man with a handsome face, an
engaging smile and the uniform of the United States Army.  A career soldier.
A man on the move, literally!  Sergeant Joe Mathison knew that only a fool
would begin a romance that had no chance of succeeding, and he was no fool.
But he couldn't seem to stay away from Libby and Justin.  If only he could
convince her that he was the perfect playmate for them both.

  Notes:  Copyright has been verified by a sighted person.

  Date:  09-13-06

  Category:  Western

  Pages:  276

  Title:  Navarro

  Author:  Peter Brandvold

  Copyright:  The Estate of Ralph Compton, 2005

  Short Synopsis: A western in the Ralph Compton style.

  ISBN:  0-451-21469-2

  Long Synopsis:  FROM THE BACK COVER:  Hardened ex-gunslinger Taos Tommy
Navarro turned away Karla Vannorsdell, a rancher's granddaughter, when she
needed him most.  Now, angry and full of guilt, Navarro must track down
Karla in the desert before the Apaches catch her, which won't be easy.  And
all that's certain is that things are going to get very rough, and very
bloody.  Nothing will make Karla return to her arrogant, meddling
grandfather now that he's run off the vaquero she was going to marry.  To
bring her lover back, Karla will endure the parched, blazing desert, the
venomous diamondbacks, the ferocious Apaches and the buzzards circling
overhead.  And she'll learn the cruelest lesson of all.  In a brutal land,
love can mean killing the thing you cherish.

  Notes:  Copyright has been verified by a sighted person. This book is
written in the western style and contains many words and names in Mexican.

  Date:  09-08-06

  Category:  Science Fiction Fantasy  / alternate history

  Pages:  324

  Title:  Grantville Gazette II

  Author:  Eric Flint, editor

  Copyright:  2006 by Eric Flint

  Short Synopsis: The series begins with 1632 and this sequel continues the
Grantville Gazette.  The book contains factual articles about  the 17th
century forming the foundation for the series.

  ISBN:  1-4165-2051-1

  Long Synopsis:  FROM THE BACK COVER: Return to Grantville, the American
town lost in time.  A mysterious cosmic force, the "Ring of Fire", has
hurled the town of Grantville from 20th century West Virginia back to 17th
century Europe, and into the heart of the Thirty Years War.  With their
seemingly, magical technology, and their radical ideas of freedom and
justice, the time lost West Virginians have allied with Gustavus Adolphus,
King of Sweden, to form the Confederated Principalities of Europe, changing
the course of history, and making very powerful and dangerous enemies.

  Notes:  Copyright verified by a sighted person. This book contains Latin
and German vocabulary.

  Date:  09-09-06

  Category:  Western

  Pages:  186

  Title:  The Peacemakers

  Author:  J. T. Edson

  Copyright:  1969 by Transworld Publishers, Ltd.

  Short Synopsis: A western saga.

  ISBN:  1-55773-348-1

  Long Synopsis:  FROM THE BACK COVER: In 1873 the Colt factory at Hartford,
Connecticut, produced a new revolver called, for want of a better name, the
Model P.  Dusty Fog of the legendary Floating Outfit bought a matched brace
of the new pistols just before heading into Mexico to rescue an old friend
of the Ysabel Kid's.  By the time Dusty's job was done, the new Colts had a
proper name, men called them the Peacemakers.

  Notes:  Copyright has been verified by a sighted person  and is correctly
given as a publisher. This book contains language of the "old West", much of
it being Mexican.