[bksvol-discuss] Book wish: You were Here

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 10:42:31 -0400

This sounds like a great book.

YOU ARE HERE: Why We Can Find Our Way to the Moon, But Get Lost in
   the Mall, by Colin Ellard (Anchor, $15.) Ellard, a behavioral
   neuroscientist, believes that our mental maps of the physical world
   have become sparser over the course of human evolution; people are
   hopelessly disconnected from their setting. He also describes animals'
   impressive navigational skills and discusses the design of public
   spaces in this delightful, clearly argued book.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

The artist brings something into the world that didn't exist before, and he does it without destroying something else. -John Updike, writer (1932-2009)