[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted for you

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 21:41:48 -0400

Hi Valerie,

Here is your notice to let you know the book was submitted with a hold for you.

ISBN:
Title:   Hold for Valerie Maples Cherry Ames Dude Ranch Nurse (Cherry Ames
Stories)
Author(s):   JULIE TATHAM
Publisher:   GROSSET & DUNLAP, INC.
Copyright Date:   1953
Copyrighted By:   GROSSET & DUNLAP, INC.
Brief Synopsis:   Dr. Monroe tells Cherry about a great job on a Dude ranch in
Arizona. But when Cherry arrives for work, things aren't quite what they
seem. Who is trying to get rid of Cherry and why?
Long Synopsis:   Dr. Monroe offers Cherry a great job opCherry hears of a great
job from Dr. Monroe, about a nurses position at a Dude ranch in Arizona.
Cherry can ride horses, and enjoy the beautiful desert and care for asthmatic
patients. But when Cherry arrives things are far from a dream. Items become
stolen, things get switched on her, her patients don't like her, and who is
trying to get her fired. And to add to it, her roommate, Patty Doake is worried
about going to nursing school and being able to afford the fees. Her father
left her a "nest egg" but where is it, and why didn't Mr. Doake tell her?
Comments:   Hi Valerie, I read through this book using my Braillenote Apex, so
I fixed the obvious voice errors, and removed the page headers keeping the
page numbers. I also marked each chapter with a ******* to make it easier to
locate in a hurry. There is one page that I couldn't quite puzzle out some
of it, and unfortunately the only copy of the book has writing of some kind on
that page, sigh. It is marked with QQQ, which is the code for myself to
rescan the page bbut my attempts have well not worked, smile, I know it will be
easier for you to fix it. Enjoy the book, is a good read, though I did
know who did it, pretty early, smile, which doesn't usually happen for me in
mysteries.
Adult content:   No
Language:   English US
Book Quality:   EXCELLENT
Categories:   Literature and Fiction, Mystery and Thrillers
list end

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

Diamonds may be a woman's best friend, but a dog is mine.