[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: Life Is Not Fair

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:12:54 -0500

Book submitted one for teenagers and their parents, yep, it is not a kids
book, smile.

Needs the header to be stripped.  As I didn't do that, the footers and they
aren't all the same, so you will have to do it by hand, but besides that it
is a easy up and down validation.There is a lot of slang, and there are some
words in the book that may send the Adult counter up, PLEASE DON'T MARK IT
ADULT as this will defeat the purpose of a book for teenagers, who if
blocked as they are by default won't be able to read it.  I personally
didn't think it came close, but then again I am a liberal soul, smile.

There are sections on sex and "getting wasted" and the consequences that go
along with them.  Sections on luck, how you make your own, and also on
making the most out of life, getting rich, and your over all attitude
towards life.

Life Is Not Fair And the Other Things they Forgot to Teach You in School
By Bill Bernard
Written in a clear voice that shows how the world really works, Life is Not
Fair... explains what to do to become happy, successful and mature adults.
It explores complex issues like relationships, drugs, money, spin, and much
more.

"A needed book, and right on track!"

-Bhagavan Das, author, teacher and subject of the groundbreaking Be Here,
Now!

Life is Not Fair... shows how to have more fun, make more money and be
lucky, plus it includes the real-life voices of young people who talk about
the challenges and problems they face.

"This book was brilliantly written, and easily captures my small teenage
brain. It's also entirely informative about your life after parents are no
longer babysitting you! It was easy to read, flowed through my ears and
stuck!"

-Ian Sanders, teenager, surfer and lead guitarist of the acclaimed Gemstones

"Comprehensive, interesting and relevant"

-Arthur Komhaber, MD, author of The Grandparent Guide

"Good Grief, I wish someone had told me about this stuff when I was in high
school!"

-Peter Robbins, original voice of

Charlie Brown, child actor and

radio personality