[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: Lad of Sunnybank

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 21:57:21 -0400

Hello everyone,

Just finished another book of Albert Payson Terhune's dog stories.

This is Lad of Sunnybank the third book about Sunnybank Lad the Collie in most
of his books.

Anyway should be an easy proof for someone.

ISBN:   0-7838-8552-0
Title:   Lad Of Sunnybank
Author(s):   Albert Payson Terhune
Publisher:   Thorndike Press
Copyright Date:   1957
Copyrighted By:   Anice Terhune
Brief Synopsis:   These are the adventures of the most famous of dogs, Lad of
Sunnybank.
Long Synopsis:   These are the adventures of the most famous and best-loved dog
in American fiction. For decades readers of all ages have thrilled to the
tales of the wonder collie, Lad, as he roams the Terhune country home at
Sunnybank. While Lad plays the lead, he is given able support by a most engaging
cast, which includes Rameses the raccoon and Zat the crow. Albert Terhune's
keen appreciation of canine instinct, intelligence, and sixth sense helps evoke
from every reader the special sympathy that has existed between dog and man
since the world's beginning. Coming from the pen of a master storyteller, Lad
of Sunnybank has earned a permanent place on the shelves and in the hearts of
dog fanciers and adventure lovers everywhere. Albert Payson Terhune was an
author, playwright and journalist born in Newark, New Jersey in 1872. After
traveling on horseback through Egypt and Syria with the Bedouin tribe, he joined
the staff of the New York Evening World. He is best known for his dog stories,
which include The Fighter, Buff: a Collie, A Dog Named Chips, and Lad: A
Dog.
Comments:   Has been read through, is a LP version of the book, all chapters
are present as are page numbers. blank pagesd are well as far as I know blank.
Have read through and made scanning error fixes as I found them. I do not have
the book, but do have images. Please contact me if you have any questions.
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Adult content:   No
Language:   English US
Book Quality:   EXCELLENT
Categories:   Literature and Fiction, Animals
B4E Significant:   No
SFWA Challenged:   No
list end

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea. -Isak Dinesen
(pen name of Karen Blixen), author (1885-1962)