[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: All My Patients have Tails

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:34:20 -0400

Hi everyone, I had a long car ride today so got another book done for submission. This was a really great book and worth the read, smile. Also scanned really well. The one thing i wasn't sure of was whether we were to include his Veternarian title in the author's name, so might need to be changed.

I am heading off on a mini vacation to the lake, lots of sun fresh air, water, and no internet, but will have the Braillenote Apex so will keep reading books. Smile, who knows what will come back with me on Monday.

But anyway I hope someone picks this book up and gets it into the collection. As an added bonus, it was a book by St. Martins Press one of the presses not participating in Bookshare.
 ISBN:
 978-1-4104-1728-2

 Title:
 All My Patients Have Tales: Favorite Stories From A Vet's Practice

 Author(s):
 D. V. M. Jeff Wells

 Publisher:
 Thorndike Press

 Copyright Date:
 2009

 Copyrighted By:
 Jeff Wells

 Brief Synopsis:
"All My Patients Have Tales "is a heartwarming and funny collection of stories by a dedicated veterinarian featuring wild horses, porcupine-quill-covered dogs, male cats in labor, an extremely ornery pygmy donkey, an enormous hog, as well as many other animals.

 Long Synopsis:
"All My Patients Have Tales "is a heartwarming and funny collection of stories by a dedicated veterinarian featuring wild horses, porcupine-quill-covered dogs, male cats in labor, an extremely ornery pygmy donkey, an enormous hog, as well as many other domestic, and not so "domestic" animals. Wells begins his work as an inexperienced recent college grad and emerges a caring and beloved veterinarian. Affording the reader an inside glimpse into his daily life, he narrates many uplifting, life-altering, lifethreatening, and hilarious episodes.

 Comments:
Has been read through, text is complete. This is the Large Print edition, as it was the only edition my library had. All page numbers are present and counted for. One qwerk that will need to be fixed. sometimes I, as in me, was not capitalized, but was lower cased as in i, but I suspect a quick find replace should fix this. If you have any questions please contact me. juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

 Adult content:
 No

 Language:
 English US

 Book Quality:
 EXCELLENT

 Categories:
 Nonfiction, Animals, Biographies and Memoirs

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

The artist brings something into the world that didn't exist before, and he does it without destroying something else. -John Updike, writer (1932-2009)