[bksvol-discuss] Book Submitted: Luba and the Wren

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:17:56 -0500

Another easy reader for the younger crowd of our subscribers.

Luba and the Wren
By Patricia Polacco

Under the .rtf section of the website, simple validation for someone.

From the Book Jacket:
 Luba, she lives so happily in her dacha in the country with her mama and
papa-until she helps a frightened wren! She only means to be kind to the
wren, as she would any creature, but when the wren returns the favor, how
Luba's life changes!
"Ask for anything you wish," the wren says. Luba wants nothing, but her mama
and papa want a rich estate, then to be lords, then czar and czarina -then
rulers of the world! Where will it end?
In this blazing texture of color, Patricia Polacco brings to her many
readers a Russian-style turn on The Fisherman and His Wife, introducing an
enchanting new character whose love for simplicity wins the day, as well as
her parents' lives.

PATRICIA POLACCO
comes from a large family of fine storytellers, and her stories reflect that
rich family heritage. Luba and the Wren carries on in the tradition of her
award-winning Rechenka's Eggs and Babushka Baba Yaga, which highlight her
distinctive Russian background.
Ms. Polacco lives in Michigan, where she continues to write and illustrate
wonderful books for young readers.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council