[bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank Lines

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 12:56:22 -0400

Just press return. The *** is for blank lines that you want to stay. All blank lines are removed by the automatic Bookshare tools when the book enters the collection. The point of adding blank lines after page breaks and page numbers is so that those added blank lines will be stripped out and not the page number or part of the text. Blank lines within the text, like blank lines indicating a passage of time or a change of scene will be stripped out too and it is those that you will want to remain. You add the *** to hold that place. That is, *** is substituted for the blank line.

On 9/5/2012 12:16 AM, Lisa Gorden-Cushman wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have just one more question about blank lines.  When I am inserting one
after a page number, can I simply press return, or do I need to type ***?

Thanks,
Lisa

"Love is my strength" Palen Majere