[bksvol-discuss] Badly written and boring books

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:23:34 -0800 (PST)

I'm like you, Ann. I read what I validate and if I've
committed to a book I feel I have to finish it whether
it's boring or badly written or not. I just supplied a
couple of missing pages for someone and I'm sure glad
I'm not validating that book, which is also Christian
fiction and too preachy and badly written. I've
valdidated some Christian fiction that is well written
and that I've enjoyed; the religious points were
well-made but not preachy and the story was
interesting and the characters well-developed.

I've also seen a big difference in the writing styles
of romance authors. Some are excellent and a pleasure
to read, but others are very badly written. I can't
imagine why they're such bestsellers.

G.Cindy

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/