[bksvol-discuss] Re: Automatic stripper

  • From: Nolan Crabb <aa3go@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:00:38 -0700

The other issue that arises here is a psychological one. I'm going to be way less inclined to submit a book if I know that all my pains-taking effort at stripping headers and leaving page numbers was treated with contempt by the software. There's nothing that would cause me to stop submitting books more decisively than seeing a book I've uploaded look much worse after posting to the public collection. That's especially true if I've invested serious amounts of my time and energy into creating a product whose page breaks appear exactly as they should and where page numbers are all there. I think I mentioned once before that I often use an Optacon to verify parts of my scans and to check the layout of the pages before I do the scans. Maybe that's way anal and rather over the top, but it's how I've chosen to do things, especially lately, with regard to my scans. It would be truly frustrating to see books with which I've worked so long and closely suddenly devoid of page numbers and chapter names. It's frankly not fair to those who care deeply--probably too deeply--about the quality of their submissions.

Best Wishes,

Nolan