[bksvol-discuss] Anyone interested in editing?

  • From: Anastasia Saridakis <anamatia81@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:45:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi all
I was wondering if anyone would mind editing a book I wold like to submit. Its
a book a friend wanted and I said I'd scan it but I am not interested in the
topic myself. Its called the white man's burden
Thanks for anyone who can help.
Anastasia

Here is a synopsis

The White Man's Burden is about what William Easterly calls the twin tragedies
of global poverty. The first is that so many are seemingly fated to live
horribly stunted, miserable lives and die such early deaths. The second is that
after fifty years and more than $2.3 trillion in aid from the West addressing
the first tragedy, there is so shockingly little to show for it. We'll never
solve the first tragedy, William Easterly argues, unless we figure out the
second.
So what's going on? The ironies are many: We preach a gospel of freedom and
individual accountability, yet we intrude on the inner workings of so-called
developing countries through bloated aid bureaucracies like the IMF and World
Bank that are accountable to no one for the effects of their prescriptions.
We've cheered our victory over communism, but seven decades after Stalin's
fiveyear plans, we're still imposing five-year plans of our own on the wretched
of the earth. We take all the credit for the economic success stories of the
last fifty years, like South Korea and Taiwan, when in fact we deserve very
little of it. We deny all accountability for the fact that despite more than
half a trillion dollars poured into Mrica and other regions, and one "big new
idea" after another, the majority of places in which we've meddled the most are
in fact no better off or are even worse off than they were before. Could there
be a connection? Could it be that we don't know as much as
 we think we do about the magic spells that will open the door to the road to
wealth?

 Get your own web address.