[bksvol-discuss] Another Michener submission from wish list

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BookShare" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 12:03:44 -0400

Hi all,

I've just submitted for validation a BSO of Mexico by James A. Michener.

I've read it through, stripped the headers, protected the page numbers and
chapter titles.
K1000 ranked spelling is 99.9%. There are some Spanish words and phrases
that I couldn't verify using Kurzweil's Spanish/English dictionary, so it
may benefit from someone familiar with the language.
647 pages.

[back Cover]
Pulitzer Prize-winning author James A. Michener has taken us from the far
reaches of history to the dark corners of the world. Now he gives us a
masterful novel of a land whose past and present are as turbulent,
fascinating, and colorful as any on earth. Here is the story of an American
journalist who travels to report on the upcoming duel between two great
matadors but who is ultimately swept up in the dramatic story of his Mexican
ancestors-from the brutality and brilliance of the ancients, to the iron
fist of the invading Spaniards, to the modern-day Mexicans battling through
dust and bloodshed to build a nation upon the ashes of revolution.
Architectural splendors, frenzied bullfights, horrific human sacrifice:
James Michener weaves them all into an epic human story that ranks with the
best of his beloved, bestselling novels.

Deborah