[bksvol-discuss] Re: Amber's list

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:25:26 -0400

Actually it wasn't heavy in content, read Frankenstein and Bleak House,
among others, it was the fact that it was in print, and at my best before I
started my vision decline I was reading thirty words a minute, and well, do
the math.  smile.  My reading time and eye strain were better used on
textbooks and assignments so it fell beside the wayside.  I did a lot of
reading, just very, very, very slowly.  I am now a full time Braille reader
and speech as secondary.  smile.

So, the content wasn't a problem, actually really wanted to read it, but....
the actual physical task of reading was just too hard, smile.  And got
straight As in school so it wasn't caused by reading difficulties, it was
the vision all the way.  Thanks Retinitis Pigmentosa, sigh.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com
Never let mistakes or wrong directions, of which every man falls
into many, discourage you.  There is precious instruction to be
got by finding where we were wrong.

      -- Thomas Carlyle