[bksvol-discuss] Re: Alibris vs abebooks?

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:33:33 -0600

Thanks for checking it out for me, Donna!

I have found from poking around on Alibris today the same thing you did - that some of the used books are cheaper on titles that I'm interested in. And the new books do seem more expensive on Abebooks than Alibris overall.

I just did some more searching, and found that when I did a search on identical titles between Alibris and Abebooks, and restricted my search to only sellers on abebooks that offered free shipping, I found that the price of the book plus shipping on Alibris was often more expensive compared to Abebooks. The more books I added to an order the greater the savings became on Abebooks.

Of course, that only worked when I found books being offered on Abebooks that came from sellers who offered free shipping!

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx