[bksvol-discuss] Ain't No River

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 03:01:06 -0500

Hi, everyone!  I'm wondering if someone would be willing to validate this
book for me: "Ain't No River," by Sharon Ewell Foster.  I've just finished
scanning it, and I've corrected all the junk characters I could find.  My
problem is that while this book scanned pretty well, the chapter titles
didn't come through at all.  I'm not sure if the chapters are just numbered
of if they have text titles.  Since I have no sighted assistance, and since
I've already spent hours working on this particular book, I'm wondering if
some kind soul would fix this for me if I go ahead and upload it.  My
membership has expired, and due to some financial constraints, I'm doing my
best to earn my credits ASAP.  If someone can help, I'd really appreciate
it.  Looks like a fun read, too.  Here's the info from the back cover:

Garvin Daniels is a sassy, bright, self-absorbed D.C. lawyer with her eyes
on a partnership.

There's just one problem-Meemaw, her seventy-something grandmother!

Meemaw has been transformed. She's suddenly a slimmed-down, silver-haired
fox with a new attitude. And all fingers are pointing at a much younger
retired pro football player, GoGo Walker, who cruises into Meemaw's small
rural town with a red sports car and a reputation for womanizing. Eyes are
watching and gossip is flying-especially at Big Esther's Beauty Shop.

When Garvin discovers her grandmother's radical emancipation-and the man
who's leading the charge-she hits the road for her North Carolina home,
determined to help Meemaw get it together before she goes too far...

Jana