[bksvol-discuss] Advanced Search, WAS: Re: Re: Children books in quie

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 20:44:11 -0600

Hi Amber, Jamie and everyone!

I wish that the advanced search wouldn't give ten or two wrong results. I'd rather it say there were no books found as it used to when there were none in the collection.

Debby

At 07:33 PM 1/15/2010, Amber Wallenstein wrote
Jamie:
This is what I did.
I went to bookshare and clicked on the advanced book page.
In the author field, I typed:tina Gallo with no quotes and got ten results.
the page looks like this:
<http://www.bookshare.org/search?title=&author=Tina+Gallo&isbn=&bookKeywords=&booksToSearch=ALL&quality=FAIR&language=ALL&sortOrder=RELEVANCE&search=Advanced+Search&_categories=on>http://www.bookshare.org/search?title=&author=Tina+Gallo&isbn=&bookKeywords=&booksToSearch=ALL&quality=FAIR&language=ALL&sortOrder=RELEVANCE&search=Advanced+Search&_categories=on
then I went to the advanced search page and typed in: "tina Gallo" in the author search field with the quotes and only came up with two books, which I believe are the first two in the other search. the Page looks like this:
<http://www.bookshare.org/search?title=&author=%22tina+Gallo%22&isbn=&bookKeywords=&booksToSearch=ALL&quality=FAIR&language=ALL&sortOrder=RELEVANCE&search=Advanced+Search&_categories=on>http://www.bookshare.org/search?title=&author=%22tina+Gallo%22&isbn=&bookKeywords=&booksToSearch=ALL&quality=FAIR&language=ALL&sortOrder=RELEVANCE&search=Advanced+Search&_categories=on
And when I go to the advanced search page and search by author edit box and type in: "Gallo, tina" in quotes I get one author who is also not Tina Gallo.
<http://www.bookshare.org/search?title=&author=%22Gallo%2C+Tina%22&isbn=&bookKeywords=&booksToSearch=ALL&quality=FAIR&language=ALL&sortOrder=RELEVANCE&search=Advanced+Search&_categories=on>http://www.bookshare.org/search?title=&author=%22Gallo%2C+Tina%22&isbn=&bookKeywords=&booksToSearch=ALL&quality=FAIR&language=ALL&sortOrder=RELEVANCE&search=Advanced+Search&_categories=on
So as you can see, there are no books with that authors name in the collection, as far as I can tell.
Hope this helps a bit.
Amber
Book blog:
<http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/>http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/
I have accepted a seat in the House of Representatives, and thereby have consented to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our children. I give
John Adams
E-Mail: <mailto:amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4776 (20100115) __________

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>