[bksvol-discuss] Adult Content and Number of Pages

  • From: "Denise Wagner" <denisecwagner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:55:27 -0500

Hi all,

I have 2 questions.  When checking in a book, which number do you use for
“Number of Pages”? Do you use the number in the document you are uploading, or
do you use the number of pages that are in the content portion of the book?  My
document has 304 pages, including the front matter, but only about 296 for the
actual story.

Second, I know Adult Content has been discussed here ad-nauseum recently, but I
don’t recall the rule-of-thumb.  What is the “rule” in determining if something
has adult content?  I know each individual has a different threshold for this
topic, so I’m not sure where the line gets drawn.  I’m inclined to label adult
content to anything with the vulgar c-word (begins with c, ends with t) or
endless sex scenes that don’t necessarily contribute to the storyline.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Denise