[bksvol-discuss] Accented Letters

  • From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bkvol" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 21:47:36 -0500

    I'm working on a book that has some Greek words, several of which have
accented letters. I know this subject was covered recently on this list, but
I confess I didn't follow the thread very far. Sheepish grin!

    I know that if I use the ANSI numbers to generate these characters, they
may not be handled well by the braille translation software. I'm wondering
if it's OK to simply put a grave accent before the letters. I realize that's
not a perfect solution, but it would indicate that the letter is accented.
The Greek words are transliterated, so they use the English alphabet.

    Thanks for any suggestions.

Paula