[bksvol-discuss] A public Thank you for the trip through the field

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:16:31 -0500

Dear Evan,

Greedy Groundhogs is checked in.

Since then I've proofread to page 106 of Field of Thirteen. It's a field of
delights, with surprise turns, scary bad guys hiding in the hay, humor, horses
grazing and cavorting, drawn with dignity and love, and a story of the
breath-taking goodness of a Welsh woman. I've only traversed a quarter of the
field, and it's blooming with Dick Francis' masterful words and sense of life
and justice.

Thank you from my heart for the gift of this scan. This is Dick Francis as I
haven't read him before. He has eclipsed himself in my estimation, a rare feat
since I already held him in such high esteem. Oh. This is a sleeper. You have
given me and  eighty thousand Booksharians the chance to wake up to it, to
stroll, sometimes eagerly stride,through a field thickly sewn with dastardly
and selfless deeds.

It is wonderful!!! In my book stash these thirteen stories lay fallow in their
inaccessible print form for twelve years until you scanned them and bade me
walk through!

Always with love,

Lissi